You are very lucky if you have never been through a bad experience, such as a Marijuana pest infestation. Those who have already dealt with Marijuana pest infestations, know how important it is to be warned and avoid them to the full. For those have not experienced this, need to take action to always avoid such a thing. We will discuss different Marijuana Pest Repellents.
Let’s explain what are the most commonly used natural repellents in Cannabis crops, and what are their properties. Of course there are also chemical repellents, but do not forget that these plants will give us buds that we will smoke … so the more natural, the better.
Natural plants can be used for Marijuana Pest Repellents
Exit a large number of plants that are naturally repellent, by its smell or its components, many insects will stay away from them and our plants Marijuana, because the trick is to plant them nearby.
It is not necessary to put many, simply some among our Marijuana plants. In a separate pot of small size, so that we do not subtract space. Let’s see what they are and what benefits they bring:
- Garlic: It is a great repellent natural against a large number of insects, mainly mosquitoes. With planting some cloves of garlic in small pots next to our plants, will be enough.
- The Basil: It is another natural repellent that will keep many mosquitoes and bedbugs at bay, putting some plant in neustro cultivation is sufficient since it gives off a lot of smell.
- Thyme: This time it is a spider repellent, although its effectiveness against the red spider is not 100% effective since it is actually a mite. Effective against ants and aphids.
- The Mint: It is a plant that emits a pleasant smell for humans but very unpleasant for many insects, among which are mosquitoes.
We do not have to make infusions or sprays, or anything really … Simply plant some of these plants, along with our marijuana plants and avoid a large number of potentially aggressive cannabis pests.
Natural infusions can also be used for Marijuana Pest Repellents
We all know the most commonly used natural plants to prevent pests and how to use them when it comes to watering or spraying marijuana plants with them. So we will simply give a cursory review so as not to make it monotone.
- Neem oil: It is mixed with water and is used by spraying it throughout the plant (except flowering plants with formed bud). It acts as a natural repellent against a large number of insects.
- Horsetail: It is a dry plant with which we will make an infusion and once cooled, we will pulverize it on our plants of Marijuana. Provides a protective effect against fungi (fungicide), ideal for excessively humid climates or rainy season.
- Purti Nettle: It is a maceration of nettles in water for several days, can be used as fertilizer growth because of its good nitrogen content or as a natural repellent if it is sprayed. Its smell will frighten a large number of insects.
Obviously there is an endless number of beneficial and natural products, but these are at general levels the most used. It should be noted that although the natural / organic is the most advisable given its effectiveness as a repellent, its effectiveness against already installed pests can be variable.